Submit a Proposal:
Applicants for 2009 funding must submit a Notice of Intent by means of the on-line
form, on or before November 14, 2008. They must subsequently submit
an application as a single MS Word or
PDF document. A complete application includes the following elements:
- An Application Cover Page. (This link will download all of the
forms as a single MSWord document and/or interactive pdf) [Download
- A 200 word non-technical summary briefly covering the project.
- A two-page project description that includes sufficient
information to evaluate the project independent of any other document.
The plan should be understandable to the non-specialist and should
state: key objectives, why the work is important, any progress to date,
and how the proposed work will be done.
- A one-page discussion of the potential benefit to Chicago of the
proposed collaboration, as well as a statement of how this
Franco-Chicago relationship might develop in the medium and long-term
if the short-term project is successfully concluded.
- A two-page biography for each individual considered key personnel
for the proposed project.
- A list of current and pending support for each of the key
- A detailed budget (direct costs only) and budget justification.
Notices of Intent should be
submitted electronically by November 14, 2008.
Proposals for 2009 projects should be submitted electronically as a
single PDF attachment to the France Chicago Center at the University of
Chicago (firstname.lastname@example.org). The
deadline for proposals is November 17, 2008.
Questions and requests for additional information should be directed
to Dan Bertsche, Assistant Director of the France Chicago Center, at email@example.com or 773-702-3662.